5 Beauty Essentials For Your Handbag This Autumn
Gone are the days of lightly dusting your cheeks with peach blusher, applying a few strokes of mascara and adding a touch of coral lippy; autumn has arrived, with winter following closely behind. Fear not; we’ve revealed 5 beauty essentials to aid your make-up bag transition.
- Lip Balm: There’s nothing worse than chapped lips with the arrival of Autumn. Start keeping your lips moisturised and protected with a lip balm now, to avoid dried and cracked lips later. We are currently loving the Dr PawPaw lip balm range; the best selling multi-purpose balm is a lifesaver for lips, skin & nails! (Discover more beauty hacks you can do with your lip balm from one of Secret Spa’s previous blogs) If you fancy opting for a more sophisticated lip product try the Dior Addict Lip Glow, it uses colour reviver technology, to create the perfect shade of pink to suit your skin tone.
- Hand Cream: Hand cream is a total must-have all year round but especially when the cold weather kicks in. Our personal favourite is the Crème de la Mer The Hand Treatment, it banishes dryness and smells heavenly. It also double ups as an amazing moisturiser for the face! We also recommend L’Occitane Shea Butter Hand Cream; enriched with 20% Shea butter, this super-creamy Shea butter hand cream quickly protects and moisturise hands and is perfect for hand luggage when travelling.
- Concealer: Struggling to leave bed during the colder mornings? You may be in need of a concealer for those tired eyes! For the ultimate cover up, use NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer which prides itself on being both long-lasting and crease-proof. Available in ten different shades, this product is an absolute A/W16 makeup bag staple.
- Bronzer/Highlighter: Not ready to let go of your summer glow? Why not try out High Beam from Benefit! This subtle highlighter can be dabbed onto cheeks and brow bones to achieve a quick subtle winter glow. Its creamy consistency makes it easy to blend, and the compact pot means it is perfect for the handbag. Additionally, we recommend a bronzer in your bag to maintain that summer glow; we love the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Bronzer from SpaceNK.
- Perfume: Don’t let your favourite fragrance get carried away by the heavy wind this season! Why not try out the new fragrance launched by Chanel this month; Chanel No.5 L’Eau. You’ll be feeling glamorous all season!